Re: Debian 6 uninstallable?

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Camaleón wrote:

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 13:41:54 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

To try to install Debian 6, I downloaded, as advised on the Debian web
site, the Debian 6 netinst iso file, wrote it to a CD, and tried to
install Debian 6, using it.

However, the computer on which I tried to install it, did not boot from
the CD.

(...)

Ensure that you:

1/ Properly wrote the ISO image in the CD
2/ Configured your BIOS boot sequence in the right manner

There are not many options for a failure here.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

The file was downloaded, saved to a directory on the computer that downloaded it (using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS), then written to the CD using brasero, which was the default on that computer (not this computer, and not the target computer for the Debian 6 installation).

The BIOS boot sequence was the same as for when the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS was installed on the target computer. The Ubuntu 10.04 LTS CD booted and installed without problem, but the Debian 6 netinst CD was bypassed, in the same boot process settings.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
A Trilogy In Four Parts",
written by Douglas Adams,
published by Pan Books, 1992

  • unsubscribe
    ... > newsgroup for Debian ... > forward to install to your hard drive. ... > to install the Cygwin stuff on all my Windows boxes. ... like in an SSH client like PuTTY ?? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • New Debian31r1 Install - help me optimize - TNT2 - sudo - KDE - Xwindows
    ... of futzin with a new debian ... install, which was needed after a munged KNOPPIX install (I know, I ... the command 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86' (which allowed me to ... trying to get the SOUND working yet..there's what seems to be a PCI ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Debian or Ubuntu Dilemma
    ... Debian Stable < Ubuntu < Debian Testing/Unstable < Any Distro w/mutt packaging ... You'll eventually have to compile a few packages with any distro (from Debian ... Ubuntu seems to be a good balance if its default install does almost ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Switching from teTeX to TexLive in Ubuntu
    ... packages everything except: only Dutch language packs; ... using the Debian packages of TL. ... You are using the Ubuntu packages. ... It is a requirement for having different packages being able to install ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Keyboard and locale problems
    ... > had a Debian installation which could then be updated to the latest version ... KNOPPIX is a very tricked out hot rod car. ... is not to install Debian. ... automatic hardware detection has not been an itch for developers to ...
    (Debian-User)