Re: Re (2): [OT] US tax forms with acroread from debian-multimedia

I wrote:
...the Web is inherently insecure.

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. writes:
Well, that statement is false on it's face.

History disagrees with you.

Properly implemented TLS trust chains...

Some probably exist, somewhere. They do not include Verisign.

...are the most secure way to exchange information publicly available.

That statement is certainly false on its face. No electronic
transmission method can be as secure as walking into my CPA's office and
handing him papers.
--
John Hasler

  • Re: Sorting by date
    ... On 02/28/2011 03:55 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ... That's 4-digit year, dash, 2-digit month, dash, 2-digit day. ... GNU ls can probably look like that with a command-line full of options, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: running evolution in KDE and the wallet/keypass integration
    ... Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ... you might try filing a wishlist bug. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Best and most popular distros for the enterprise desktop
    ... Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ... at a local Tandy store in Melbourne AU. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: keeping the two latest files on a folder
    ... Quoth Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ... The ls -1 gives me my single-column list but piping it to sed '1,2d' still gives me the entire directory listing, each item separated by a single space. ... Smiffytech - Technology Consulting & Web Application Development ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Pingin wont connect?