Re: Is there a netinst CD image for lenny?

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:30:58 -0600, Charles Blair wrote:

I have been unable to get squeeze to work on a machine that previously
was running lenny (details sketched below). Is a "lenny" version of the
netinst CD image still available?

Yes:

http://www.debian.org/releases/lenny/debian-installer/

I have been trying to install squeeze on an i386 desktop.
The installation using a netinst CD seems to work, but when I reboot,
the monitor briefly displays:

8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC.

(...)

I would investigate that error further. Google provides some hints:

http://www.google.com/search?q=8254+timer+not+connected+to+IO-APIC&hl=en&tbo=1&complete=0&site=&output=search&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:y&sa=X&ei=TFl6TeSHH8bAhAeIofziBg&ved=0CAgQpwUoBQ

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Is there a netinst CD image for lenny?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: approx for new "netinst" installation
    ... installation. ... It's been a while since I did a netinst, but at some point it should ask ... This choice is apparent in all install modes, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    ... entering "192.168.0.200" (the LAN address of my approx ... Inspecting the installation log with F4, ... the netinst Release Candidate 1 CD). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: approx for new "netinst" installation
    ... Inspecting the installation log with F4, ... install files to a new Squeeze system (which was installed using ... the netinst Release Candidate 1 CD). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: downloading the files using jigdo
    ... broadband link. ... If you have ANY Debian CD, you don't need to download the netinst CD ... after the installation CD has booted. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)