Re: X starts only after rebooting
- From: George <pinkisntwell@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 13:06:31 +0200
On 3/12/11, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Vi, 11 mar 11, 19:44:49, George wrote:
Ever since I upgraded to squeeze I have a problem which happens on
almost every boot. The nvidia logo shows up and then I'm thrown to a
command line. I have to login from the command line and reboot from
there and then everything works fine. Here are the Xorg.logs
generated, first when the problem happens and then when it does not.
If you are using gdm this might be a timeout issue, this workaround
Anyway, if you see the nVidia logo X is definitely working fine, the
problem is with the *dm (try startx instead) or the session manager (try
another one or a plain WM).
I'm using kdm but awesome as the window manager, I don't use kde. I
did try startx as well, but X didn't start and the error message "no
screens found" was given. Sadly, I don't have the complete log of that
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: firewall: iptables vs ufw/gufw
- Next by Date: What are your best practices for running Debian unstable?
- Previous by thread: Re: X starts only after rebooting
- Next by thread: Disable Evince Toolbar Permanently