Re: On-going problems with flashplugin for IW
- From: "Dr. Ed Morbius" <dredmorbius@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:52:57 -0700
on 18:16 Tue 15 Mar, AG (computing.account@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
In Iceape and other browsers (e.g. Opera) I can watch embedded
(streaming?) videos on-line. In Iceweasel/ Swiftfox I cannot.
Insterad I get a variation on this message: "Note: Either you do not
have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer or your Flash
Version is outdated. You need Flash Player in order to view this
item. Download Flash Player now.
I have double-checked and I have the latest flashplugin-nonfree
installed and seems to be accessible to the other browsers, so why
doesn't IW "see" the plugin and use it as well? In my
~.mozilla/plugins/ directory the library libflashplayer.so is
installed and executable and as far as I can tell, the plugins are
registered with IW as seen by doing about:plugins in the address
A search using Google only keeps showing me the same darn resolution
- install the nonfree plugin and check that it is in the
or plugins such as NoScript?
Dr. Ed Morbius, Chief Scientist / |
Robot Wrangler / Staff Psychologist | When you seek unlimited power
Krell Power Systems Unlimited | Go to Krell!
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: On-going problems with flashplugin for IW
- Next by Date: Re: Re: Problem with Squeeze upgrade
- Previous by thread: Re: On-going problems with flashplugin for IW [solved]
- Next by thread: Re: which version for intel chipset 64bit