Re: sum two disks using RAID or LVM?
- From: Γιώργος Πάλλας <gpall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:44:32 +0200
On 18/03/2011 10:30 πμ, Michael Thompson wrote:
2011/3/18 Γιώργος Πάλλας <gpall@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi all!Mirrored raid would be the tool for this. LVM will not help should one
A short question: I have two 500GB HDDs and I want to use their space as
one. Should I aggregate them with software RAID, or using LVM in regard
to data safety? If one of them malfunctions, is one of the two
of the disks fail
The 'data safety' I mentioned gave the wrong impression. Let me
rephrase: I want to use the two disks aggregated (i.e. 1TB), and the
question is if one of the two solutions gives me better chances to get
some of my data back, in case of a full or partial failure of one of the
Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
- Prev by Date: Re: German umlauts, never ending story
- Next by Date: Re: sum two disks using RAID or LVM?
- Previous by thread: Re: sum two disks using RAID or LVM?
- Next by thread: Re: sum two disks using RAID or LVM?