Re: keyboard (almost) stops working

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:23:36 +0200, Γιώργος Πάλλας wrote:

I'm using squeeze with KDE, fully updated, on a i386, and since about
six months a strange thing happens, at least once a day: The keyboard
stops functioning. I thought it gets kind of completely disconnected,
but then I noticed that if I press continuously a key, the repeat mode
starts (i.e. pressing once 'f' gets me nothing, but pressing it
continuously, gets me 'ffffffffffffffff').

Lame workaround: Logout from KDE, and login again. (as soon as I log
out, it types properly again on the login screen) Disconnecting the
keyboard and connecting it to another USB port, does not work.

Any ideas?

I would check with a PS/2 based keyboard (yep, it's annoying, but is just
to check if the freeze comes from the USB stack).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: PC problem driving me mad!
    ... Also what type of keyboard is it? ... If USB try disconnecting and ... USB keyboard ... Typing here, calc opens but focus stays here, ie I can keep ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: check driver
    ... keyboard with a USB port - it isn't a USB keyboard. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: WasCable
    ... >>> I think its v serious, tried pmu resets and fiddly thing at bottom ... >> Try disconnecting the keyboard and trying again. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Motherboard cannot turn on the PSU
    ... Try switching out mouse and keyboard, or disconnecting one at a time ... if you do not have spares. ... power on. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Problem booting Vista after replacing second drive
    ... but it turns out the primary problem was between ... the keyboard and the chair. ... disconnecting was actually the primary drive and not the secondary. ... I did find bootmgr and a boot folder on the old D drive (they ...