Re: [OT] English language

On 04/04/2011 07:56 AM, Francis Southern wrote:
On 4 April 2011 13:41, Nate Bargmann<n0nb@xxxxxxx> wrote:
* On 2011 04 Apr 03:21 -0500, Lisi wrote:
On Monday 04 April 2011 01:24:03 David Jardine wrote:
I just love the spelling of "Advertiser". ;)

Do Americans spell it with a zed?

Mostly, yes.

I don't think so, I'm fairly sure ``advertise'' is the most common
spelling everywhere. ``Advertize'' may be a strange US variant, but I
don't think it's the norm.

"Advertiser" and "advertise" are the correct US English spellings.

corrupt."

  • Re: When ram memory is critical ?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: how to get 3D acceleration with an intel i7?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [OT] Re: OpenOffice.org - how to install additional languages?
    ... If the immigrant speaks an obscure language and the Court can't find an interpreter in a reasonable time, the defendant goes free because of the "speedy trial" clause of the 6th Amendment. ... As the Reconquista of Azatlan proceeds apace, I predict that there will be Spanish-language courts in the Southwest by the time my "tween" children have there children. ... "Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: What happened with 5.1-RELEASE?
    ... I was only saying that I found it strange that it appeared, ... within the timespace that it took me to download the first cd. ... > A release is not a release until the Release Engineering team sends the ... >>> To unsubscribe, send any mail to ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: ssh tunnel delay
    ... I don't see anything strange in the logs provided. ... Not a solution but a very tiny improvement, launch the tunnel with the -C ... Connection to port 1110 forwarding to localhost port 1212 requested. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)