Re: CD burning programs with verification

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 10:36, David Sastre <d.sastre.medina@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 09, 2011 at 11:15:16AM -0500, Jason Hsu wrote:
I'm looking for a program in the Debian repository that offers verification but with few dependencies.  I use my own antiX-derived distro called Swift Linux (www.swiftlinux.org) as my main distro, but I dual boot with Puppy Linux.  Puppy Linux comes standard with iso2cd and PBurn, but those applications are specific to Puppy Linux.

I don't like the GnomeBaker program that comes standard in antiX Linux and need a replacement.  GnomeBaker doesn't offer a verification feature.    I know that XFCE and KDE have their own CD burning programs, but those programs have lots of dependencies.

So what CD burning programs do you like that have verification and do NOT have lots of dependencies (like the XFCE and KDE tools)?

wodim + sha256sum

I agree, this seems like the most straightforward way of doing it
(although for this purpose, md5 would probably be fine)

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

  • Re: k3b wont burn, nerolinux will
    ... Wodim is a fork of cdrecord, which isn't in Debian anymore. ... Now I switched to gnome (my wife still uses KDE & kmail). ... but I still need a burner.. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Thanks
    ... Another vote for xfce. ... I used to be a Gnome fan, well before the days of Gnome3, but found a ... These days I find KDE much improved beyond the endless segfaults it used ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: A simple question
    ... Gnome, KDE, and XFCE are not the only choices available. ... suspicious of anyone running desktop Linux, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [Debian-User] Gtk fonts on non desktop (non gnome) X environment.
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [OT] Will upcoming Debian 8 release default to XFCE for the CD media?