Re: Graphics - Radeon HD 5000 lock-ups
- From: "C. Hurschler" <list.hurschler@xxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 22:18:26 +0200
On Thursday 07 April 2011, Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Du, 03 apr 11, 10:30:19, C. Hurschler wrote:
radeon - Using the radeon driver (no xorg.conf, default installation):
Symptoms: cannot change to console Ctrl-Alt-F1 etc. The screen is blank
and the monitor is put in sleep mode (!). KDE System-Settings:Desktop
crashes every time without exception.
Some stuff that looks suspicious to me (besides what Camaleòn already
(II) [KMS] drm report modesetting isn't supported.
(II) RADEON(0): No DRI yet on Evergreen
Hope this helps,
Well it doesn't help me much, I'm just a user. I have a multi-boot system and
on an up-to-date aptosid install, the radeon driver works very well. Squeeze
seems to be stuck with a version that is unstable (sigh) on my hardware.
For what it's worth, one thing that did help with the fglrx in squeeze was
turning checking "disapble functunality checks" in "Configure Desktop Effects -
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Missing keyspan.fw (was: Keyspan USA-19QW USB-to-serial dongle)
- Next by Date: Re: Window Maker - what is it written in?
- Previous by thread: Re: Graphics - Radeon HD 5000 lock-ups
- Next by thread: Re: Graphics - Radeon HD 5000 lock-ups