Re: Missing keyspan.fw

On Sunday 10 April 2011 08:31:09 pm Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
In <BANLkTingT-Wi8DenPtCvnYy+wSMuyWOYKw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, chris wrote:
It was a intentional decision I believe. My understanding is that all
non-free binary firmware was removed from squeeze as per their foss
beliefs.

Most, if not all, of the firmware that was removed from main is available
from non-free.

I think that might be the issue, in this case, the keyspan usa19qw.fw, among
others, is missing in action, I have the firmware-linux-xx packages installed and
don't see it. Brief package searches don't reveal it.

Reportbug has an option for wish list item against a Debian package. Not sure if
the keyspan stuff is free enough to figure out what package to file the wish list
on.
--
Peace,

Greg

  • Re: [Fwd: Re: Debian Live Lenny Beta1]
    ... you need the necessary firmware (firmware-iwlwifi ... on a PC with an atl2 NIC you need a seperate package with the ... Are such networking modules included in the d-l CDs? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Auditing free and non-free packages
    ... You are welcome to disagree and use a package ... fonts, firmware, and some other program data from main -- but the beauty ... wireless firmware was a few clicks away for me by simply installing the ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Two Lenny problems
    ... Another thing you might try is firmware. ... Is the package ... able to install it. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Realtek ethernet (was Re: recent mobo recommendation)