Re: changing my e-mail address

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 09:25 +0200, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
hi,
I want to change the address used for my subscription to this list.
On other lists, there is generally an option to modify the e-mail address
used for subscribing, but I didn't find that for debian lists.
Otherwise, I can of course unsubscribe, and subscribe with the new one

Weird thread ... :)

Unfortunately you can't change your email address and the only way to achieve
what you want is to subscribe and unsubscribe (yes, in that order or you will
lose mail - filtering duplicates is easy).

The question is therefore: "How to mass subscribe/unsubscribe easily?"

* Mass (un)subscribe pages [1]

* Mail to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Instructions can be found on [2] about the relevant commands. I find
this method to be the most easy/fast one.

You will still have to send a bunch of confirmation back and forth. I hope
this helps and you will succeed in changing your email address.

[2] http://www.infodrom.org/projects/majorsmart/

--
.''`. Wolodja Wentland <babilen@xxxxxxxxx>
: :' :

  • Re: Dealing with Fedoras mailing list
    ... say that the way you're dealing with susbscribers seems dishonest. ... Fedora's subscription interface in Firefox and, to my surprise, saw that ... It is to help out people managing lists. ... gilpel altern org as my username and add my password, ...
    (Fedora)
  • FW: subscribe SChandrasenan@verance.com
    ... please note that our mailing lists are public forums -- all ... Transcript of the subscription request follows: ...
    (Debian-User)
  • unsubscribe
    ... please note that our mailing lists are public forums -- all ... Transcript of the subscription request follows: ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Dealing with Fedoras mailing list
    ... It's just as easy to knock up throwaway addresses on some ISPs. ... But, once again, if divulging email addresses is not a way to stop spam, ... Because "that's the way lists work"? ... The other subscription sends me individual messages. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Proposed change for subscriptions...
    ... Subscription is "here's my email address so I can receive the ... But that's not the case when it comes to mailing lists. ... For example I said that subscription is a simple click on a web form. ...
    (Debian-User)