Re: Result of entering 'v' within mutt

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 11:30:38AM -0500, green wrote:
Alan McConnell wrote at 2011-04-21 09:34 -0500:
I have looked at /etc/mailcap in my new squeeze, and also
at the mailcap in my backup of my etc etc. They seem to be
different files. I have greped "new-tab" in both and
it isn't to be found

No, you need to add it. And the file to edit is probably: ~/.mailcap
Add a line like:
text/html; iceweasel -new-tab '%s'; test=test -n "$DISPLAY"; nametemplate=%s.html

If another text/html; entry exists, you may need to comment (#) it.
Bingo! I didn't have a .mailcap in my home directory, I
just created it populated with the line above. And now
my mutt puts the stuff into a Tab just like I wanted.
Mr Green is herewith added to my growing list of Geniuses!

How did you ever know about this, Mr Green? is this documented anywhere,
or did you intuit it? Maybe you are the mutt developer? You've
certainly added evidence to my claim, made in a different E-mail,
that E-mail, the killer app, is by no means a piece of cake to
set up correctly.

Anyway, many thanks, and I'll pass this along to the mutt E-list.

Greetings to all!

Alan McConnell, in Silver Spring MD

--
Alan McConnell : http://patriot.net/users/alan
Know thyself. If you need help, call the C.I.A.

  • Re: Result of entering v within mutt
    ... my mutt puts the stuff into a Tab just like I wanted. ... Alan McConnell, in Silver Spring MD ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Result of entering v within mutt -- hopefully not too OT
    ... Maybe someone here knows something about configuring mutt? ... You can check the command line with which firefox is called (from the ... Alan McConnell: http://patriot.net/users/alan ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: mutts tag command - Was: Musings on debian-user list
    ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... to quote more messages than you started with. ... you have to "tag" the messages first.. ... tagged messages can be processed by any valid mutt function ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Cant Get Exim4 Setup Right
    ... With Mozilla I can set the outgoing smtp connection as ... > lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with Fetchmail and read them with Mutt nicely ... > with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: my email vanished
    ... >> I read my mail with mutt. ... If I say 'y', all the mail I've read ends up in mbox, as it's ... > with a subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)