Re: I don't want mrxvt to consume the Alt + <number> keystrokes

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 01:24:40AM +0530, Disc Magnet wrote:
I run irssi on mrxvt. When I press Alt+1, Alt+2, etc. it changes mrxvt
tab and not the irssi win.

How can I configure mrxvt such that it does not consume the Alt
key-stroke. It also intereferes with emacs style Alt+<number>
keystroke for repeating command that readline can understand.

So, please help me to configure mrxvt such that it does not consume
the Alt keystroke?

The key bindings are in the GNOME TERMINAL STYLE DEFAULT MACROS section of
the /etc/mrxvt/mrxvtrc , they are the "GotoTab _" macros.

I don't have such a section in my home directory .mrxvtrc .

You could edit the /etc/mrxvt/mrxvtrc as root or you could probably override
it by copying the relevant section to an .mrxvtrc in your home directory and
edit there. Haven't tried it.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody