Re: Issue writing image to disk via dd

Mark writes:
So the problem only happens when overwriting the live system in either
Etch or Squeeze. Lenny works exactly as expected...

They all work as expected: unpredictably.

I could try upgrading the remote server from Etch to Lenny and then do
it...

And get unpredictable results. What problem are you trying to solve?
--
John Hasler

  • Re: testing or unstable?
    ... official DVDs of the most current stable version: first Sarge, and then Etch. ... many times I've been needing to use a testing/unstable Debian version ... Using code names (lenny, squeeze, etc.) ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Fw: Errors on upgrading from etch to lenny
    ... Notice, please, that no such errors came out when upgrading from etch to lenny with amd64. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: device name problem after update
    ... I'm aware of an issue with naming devices in Squeeze, ...  Are you sure you are using Lenny, i.e. stable, as opposed to ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: need help with xorg.conf
    ... but not perfectly with Lenny. ... Under Squeeze, X chooses 1024x768 which makes things that should be ... them in a conf file, xorg.conf, I think, but I'm not sure. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: need help with xorg.conf
    ... but not perfectly with Lenny. ... Under Squeeze, X chooses 1024x768 which makes things that should be ... Switch to a text mode virtual terminal e.g. Alt-F1 ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)