Re: locate something not exist

On 2011-04-28, teddieeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <teddieeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I believe you need to run

#updatedb

If I am not mistaken (updatedb may work for different search command if memory is faulty)

But if I'm not mistaken, updatedb will refresh the database locate uses to find results...

If you are unable to run updatedb, use 'locate -e' when searching. Then
only the names of files which still exist will be printed.

  • Re: locate something not exist
    ... If I am not mistaken (updatedb may work for different search command if memory is faulty) ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: flashplayer9?
    (Debian-User)
  • hdb status error, dma disabled by itself on hda and hdb
    ... DriveStatusError UncorrectableError SectorIdNotFound TrackZeroNotF ... I think I was doing "updatedb" at that time. ... I have just now re-enabled dma on the two disks. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: hdb status error, dma disabled by itself on hda and hdb
    ... DriveStatusError UncorrectableError SectorIdNotFound TrackZeroNotF ... I think I was doing "updatedb" at that time. ... I have just now re-enabled dma on the two disks. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: locate something not exist
    ... If I am not mistaken (updatedb may work for different search command if memory is faulty) ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)