Re: FullHD notebook support under Debian (sid)

2011/4/30 Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx>

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 10:51:45 -0300, Leonardo Ruoso wrote:

2011/4/30 Camaleón
You can however, take a look here:
http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/

Is a list made by users.

Thanks I'll use it although they say they don't deal with X drivers with is
a major source of trouble.

FullHD is 1080p (progressive) so you will need a laptop that can handle
that resolution natively (1920x1080). Almost any of the laptop
manufacturers have models for home, multimedia and entertainment that
will fit your FullHD needs (Sony, Toshiba, HP, Asus....).

Sure... I know... just don't know how to figure out before buying and trying
if a FullHD Sony notebook will work with Debian. No need to work without
kernel recompilation. I'm specially concerned about opengl/graphics
acceleration. The vesa driver is not a real option.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Leonardo Ruoso - Jornalista/Desenvolvedor
Assessoria de Imprensa. Consultoria de Marketing. Desenvolvimento e
Integração de Software.
Comunicação Social/Jornalismo - UFC/2006. Telecomunicações - ETFCE/1998.
Foos, Perl, Debian Gnu/Linux, Agile, UML, DBA e OOP. Coaching/NLP. Inglês e
Francês.
http://leonardo.ruoso.com - http://www.linkedin.com/in/lruoso

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Quest: Moving IDE drives between machines
    ... IMO only the graphics could be an issue, perhaps other drivers too, but ... If the graphics should need another driver, ... and fixing it shouldn't cause much trouble. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: SOLVED - Re: Updated Sid today, xorg cannot find "nvidia" driver
    ... I had the same trouble. ... I solved this problem by installing ... nvidia's 97xx drivers, I need the 96xx legacy driver... ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Any reason not to run amd64 these days?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: GTK+ performance problems in etch
    ... Have you tried to use the latest such drivers? ... version 1.0-7184 is currently the latest one available for my card. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How to know if USB device has driver properly installed?