Re: FullHD notebook support under Debian (sid)

2011/4/30 Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx>

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 10:51:45 -0300, Leonardo Ruoso wrote:

2011/4/30 Camaleón
You can however, take a look here:
http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/

Is a list made by users.

Thanks I'll use it although they say they don't deal with X drivers with is
a major source of trouble.

FullHD is 1080p (progressive) so you will need a laptop that can handle
that resolution natively (1920x1080). Almost any of the laptop
manufacturers have models for home, multimedia and entertainment that
will fit your FullHD needs (Sony, Toshiba, HP, Asus....).

Sure... I know... just don't know how to figure out before buying and trying
if a FullHD Sony notebook will work with Debian. No need to work without
kernel recompilation. I'm specially concerned about opengl/graphics
acceleration. The vesa driver is not a real option.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón