Re: So much for Skype.

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 5:17 PM, jeremy jozwik <jerjoz.forums@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Curt Howland <Howland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So Skype has been bought by Microsoft.

I expect the Linux version of Skype to be abolished in short order. Oh
well, thus the fate of proprietary software. I'm sure St. Ignucious is
shaking his head with the inevitability of it all.

This aught to re-ignite the effort to develop the alternatives.

And if it doesn't, that will say more than any success could.

Curt-

better download that latest linux version now.

annoying, but it does work.

Moving on to google talk...

--
Mathieu

  • Re: (solved)Re: how to convert 100 bmp files to jpeg?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: A rookies query: Want to about Debian and the related
    ... My primary machine is only a Core 2 Duo but its running Debian 7 with Gnome 3 without any issues and is more than adequate for LibreOffice and web browsing speedily ... I guess Linux is kernel only. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: problem with USB external hard disk My Book 1110
    ... operate under Debian Linux, indeed they worked 'out of the box', even ... and it is R/O. ... subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [OT] Re: E-business and Linux
    ... And, I've had no trouble in Mexico or the UK using only GNU/Linux, but ... I haven't done any electronic banking or anything like that (Except ... No problems *) with banking on Finland, using only Linux or Mac ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [OT] Re: microsoft.com -> NetBSD
    ... Look, I am as much for free software as the rest, but I think the FSF ... "Linux Kernel Is Torvalds' 'Bait and Switch'" ... the need for some proprietary software. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, ...
    (Debian-User)