Re: How do fixes/improvements to video drivers get rolled out in Squeeze?

In <BANLkTimrDGVgp0iW1Ljizak+0ZOq0f3twg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mark wrote:
That being said, how does performance get improved within a
given stable release? Can I hope for an update to help improve it at some
point within the life of Squeeze?

From <http://release.debian.org/>:
Suite update policy
stable
Fast response for security updates. Minor updates include security
and other important fixes only. Major updates are sourced from testing, and
are infrequent, but large.

Major updates is something like Lenny -> Squeeze. Minor Update is something
like 6.0.0 -> 6.0.1 a.k.a. a "point release" where the codename does not
change.

It's not clear (to me) that "important" in the above corresponds directly to
bug severities, but one of those severities is called "important" so FYI:
<http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities>.

Also, here's more detail about what is considered an RC bug for Squeeze:
<http://release.debian.org/squeeze/rc_policy.txt>
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((_/)o o(\_))

  • Re: updates for squeeze
    ... Updates to Squeeze are rare simply because the system is stable. ... However you should have received them no matter which mirror you use. ... deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: wlan0 disappeared in Squeeze on Dell Mini 10v
    ... After updates last night, Squeeze doesn't ... I removed/purged b43-fwcutter and wicd, ... Squeeze installation and use Lenny. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Synaptic options will not tick
    ... Ign http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ squeeze/contrib Translation-en_ZA ... Hit http://mirrors.kernel.org squeeze-updates Release.gpg ... Translation-en_ZA Hit http://mirrors.kernel.org squeeze Release ... has kept up with any updates that there are. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How recover from aborted dist-upgrade Stable to Testing (due to apt-listbug bug 585448)
    ... There is actually a real difference, in how updates are handled, in ... that 'squeeze' would keep me on the Squeeze release even when Wheezy ... possible to do a hands-off automated upgrade for a while. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Lots of Stable Upgrades
    ... An upgrade to Squeeze called 6.0.1 was recently released, ... amount of updates right now. ... "Microsoft is not the answer. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)