Re: Wicd Wireless Woes

On Tue 24 May 2011 at 08:33:07 -0700, Bill wrote:

Failed to connect to wpa_supplicant - wpa_ctrl_open: No such file or
directory

wpa_supplicant is very upset. It is telling you to purge Wickd and add
the following lines to /etc/network/interfaces:

iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-ssid MyCorrectESSID
wpa-psk "ascii in double quotes/hex without"

Then 'ifup -v wlan0' followed by 'iwconfig' and 'ifconfig' to see what
is going on.

Knowing what your wireless adaptor is ('lspci' or 'lsusb') might help.

  • Re: Firefox in 32-bit chroot
    ... schroot (in mine, games, but you could create something like ... that user) won't be able to access other user's home directory. ... almost as important as knowing how to work around it. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Read messages and contacts from mobile phone (was: Mobile phone management utility)
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Anyone got ZTE K3565-Z working with Debian?