Re: Wrong permissions 0777 on "/" in my debian/testing system

In <4DDE9275.5000000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
wzabolot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
To isolate the problem, I've booted two machines with "init=/bin/bash".
Anyway in one machine permissions to "/" were set to 0755, while in the
second one the were set to 0777, just as during normal boot.

So the problem must be associated somehow with bootloader (grub),
as no initialization scripts are run in this case...

File system permissions are stored persistently. If they don't change, you
have no indication whether they were set or not.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((_/)o o(\_))