Re: How to use the net install CD with PPPoE?

On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 00:56 -0400, William Hopkins wrote:
Sounds like you solved your issue.. Is there something you need?

Hi William :)

regarding to GRUB2 I don't need help.

If you used the CD as you said and installed, you already have Debian stable. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question.

I tried to use the nedinst CD ...

I won't download and burn 8 DVDs.

Nobody is asking you to. For one thing, downloading every package, even in DVD format, is excessive and uses debian mirror bandwidth. The Debian method is to only download those packages you need.

... to avoid to download and burn 8 DVDs, resp. more than 50 CDs, but
PPPoE seems to be a big issue.

Anyway, welcome to debian.

Thank you. In the past I used 64 Studio = Debian, later they switched to
Ubuntu and AFAIK now they switched back, but it's not released yet.

Ralf

  • Re: Single package mirror with its dependencies
    ... I think perhaps you are wanting the 'apt-zip' package. ... non-networked Debian box, using removable media like ZIP floppies. ... So I would like to download the hoary ... By mixing distros you are bound to run into problems. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Downloading Debian CDs or DVD(s)?
    ... I'm a Debian fan myself, but would recommend that someone new to ... Internet package mirror sites, such that almost all of the software on ... versions on your installation media? ... BitTorrent download rates are, well, a function of who else is ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: [Debian-User] re: Network Install
    ... download binariy and source files one at a time from over the internet. ... Apparently, when the package is ... I need a Debian system up and running (which I don't ... I take it that the network installer puts ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Whats the best package manager for single-package upgrades?
    ... So finally I just went to the package directly using mozilla. ... of the dependancies, but allows me to download directly. ... Now -- skip the download and compile yourself. ... But I want to know how to solve this problem and stay within the Debian ...
    (Debian-User)
  • FW: changing roots on: dpkg -i
    ... >> build my own package? ... plus the ~official Debian ... > hard problem that's not real high on the dpkg feature list. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)