Re: [OT] Mice

On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 14:28:05 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

On 06/07/2011 01:40 PM, Camaleón wrote: [snip]

I still see some disadvantages for laser or BlueTrack based mice:

1/ They do not work on crystal or clear surfaces

I can't remember the last time I put my mouse on a clear (glass?)
surface. But if I did, then I'd use a mousepad.

And what happens if you are on a conference room (or any other "hostile"
environment) with no mousepad at all? Only you, a pristine clear surface
and your hi-tech laser mouse ;-)

Disadvantages of ball mice:
1) The ball gets dirty and sticks. Yes, you can clean it, but laser
mice never get dirty.

Doesn't need to be re-calibrated? Never?

2) The ball doesn't roll well on some surfaces. The laser works on
more surfaces.

I can live with a corded laser/bluetrack mouse but not with a wireless
one.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: Will Radio Engineering be QMs worst nightmare?
    ... level by emitting a photon. ... >> using surfaces other than metals. ... Rotate the laser around the axis of emission. ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: [OT] Mice
    ... I still see some disadvantages for laser or BlueTrack based mice: ... all shiny surfaces I have tried it on, ... Plus the batteries last a long time, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [OT] Mice
    ... I still see some disadvantages for laser or BlueTrack based mice: ... The ball gets dirty and sticks. ... The ball doesn't roll well on some surfaces. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Back reflection analysis in Zemax
    ... optical train in front of me, but I believe the guy said 16 surfaces. ... The issue of checking the correct answer from Zemax is ... I would like to do a back reflection analysis to see how ... source at the laser location, then the lenses, and finally a Detector ...
    (sci.optics)
  • Re: [OT] Mice
    ... I use alcohol to clean the ball and internal rollers. ... What happens is that modern mice are a bit "ostentatious" ... Logitech has also a bunch of plain mice corded and laser based but... ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)