Re: [OT] Native Oberon

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 17:10 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 06/08/2011 02:41 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 14:07 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
ETHNO can easily be installed from a diskette in an evening.

I experienced having a disk notcher at hand is very comfortable
http://www.richardlagendijk.nl/foto/cip/mix_disk_notcher_01.jpg

Bah. A hand-held single-hole punch was good enough to turn a SS floppy
into a DS.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/Single-hole-punch.jpg

:D

Btw. I guess if we would test 100 CDs and 5¼" discs, there would be more
CDs around 2 years old, than 5¼" discs around 25 years old, with data
loss. I could do such a test, but I won't do it. It's to much hassle to
get an old computer and drive working. Btw. I used a puncher for the
office
http://www.teenagewasteland.de/img/dekorativ/locher_schwarz_antik_gr.jpg
Save money + time by punching two discs at once :D.

A switch for the light barrier, a filigree one like those
http://view.stern.de/de/picture/1907793/SW-Bearbeitung-Schalter-alte-Technik-Hebel-Schaltkasten-Hebel-510x510.jpg
would be a smart solution.

  • Re: Reducing music collection space requirements
    ... pockets to hold up to 250 discs, booklets, and so on. ... Assuming the book is 2 CDs deep and three high, ... inches; it would bulge untidily and not shelve neatly. ... interpretation of an obscure Liszt paraphrase to play as an encore, ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • On "natural" horns, deep bass, managing an excessive CD collection, usw, was Re: Gregorian Chant and
    ... larger than my collection of c6000 CDs. ... or gave them to institutions and gave the rest of my discs to ... I simply adore Gregorian Chant and I also am fond of the ... Russian Orthodox, Fests of ortho liturgical year vol 2, Ural ch/Novik, ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: Reducing music collection space requirements
    ... 250-300 CDs per box weigh a lot when they are stacked to the ceiling ... pockets to hold up to 250 discs, booklets, and so on. ... The particular book of Bach Cantata and other vocals, lying beside me, ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: Reducing music collection space requirements
    ... 250-300 CDs per box weigh a lot when they are stacked to the ceiling ... pockets to hold up to 250 discs, booklets, and so on. ... book, that would be 40 CDs thick, or nearly 14 CDs per inch, which seems ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)