Re: [OT] Mice

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 20:29 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 09/06/11 19:39, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 17:21 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 06/08/2011 06:32 AM, Camaleón wrote:
[snip]
<snipped>
Not the Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse. It's just... a plain old, boring
standard sized mouse.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Basic-Optical-Mouse-Black/dp/B00081N53K

This mouse perhaps fits too my needs. Shit! Is there another vendor,
than Microsoft selling the same mouse ;)? I would grasp the nettle and
buy a Microsoft one, if I shouldn't find another vendor selling similar
mice.

The PS/2 mouse were the mouse wheel using Debian doesn't work, seems to
be a Microsoft mouse too
http://www.comresurs.ru/pickat2/31081.jpg
I didn't know that I was comfortable with Microsoft :D. Oops!

-- Ralf

I can recommend these:-
http://www.genius-europe.com/en/produktdetail.php?ID2=23&ID=24&ID3=56

Definitely work with Linux and BSD. Cheap and they are PS/2.
I have some of the Microsoft mice - they're more expensive, have a
slightly heavier (less flimsy) body, larger pads on the base, a bit
larger, and have a USB connector. They also work just fine with Linux
and BSD - no fiddling needed.

Both mice only need the following if you use an xorg.conf:-

Section "InputDevice"
# generated from default
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

Cheers

Thank you :)

AFAIK even when using a xorg.conf and I'm using one for the monitor, HAL
does the mouse settings, as long as there isn't xserver-xorg-input-mouse
installed. Oops, the USB mouse does work although I've got a xorg.conf
without mouse settings, but the xserver-xorg-input-mouse driver
installed. I set up HAL or what ever, can't remember the file at the
moment, when I tried to get the old PS/2 mouse wheel working (of cause I
tried xorg.conf for the PS/2 mouse too).

I wish to have a wired mouse with a design similar to my old mouse.
USB seems to be ok too, no USB is sharing an IRQ with a sound card.
I guess both, ball and laser are ok for me.

Regards,

Ralf

  • RE: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
    ... Bugcheck 0x000000FE Under Stress with USB 2.0 Hard Disks ... obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft ... contact Microsoft Product Support ... Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: ActiveSync 4.2 & iPAQ
    ... I am assuming you are not using any USB hub to connect the cable. ... Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices ... cables & used the replacement USB cable in an attempt at syncronisation ... If its an HPC, then recommend you use an older version of ActiveSync. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: ActiveSync 4.2 & iPAQ
    ... Yes, I swapped USB cables ... Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices ... If its an HPC, then recommend you use an older version of ActiveSync. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Performance issue, MS software
    ... Microsoft Office Document Image Writer Driver on Microsoft Document Imaging ... Standard floppy disk controller ... Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller High Definition Audio Device ... Office OneNote MUI (English) 2007 ...
  • Re: ActiveSync 4.2 & iPAQ
    ... I am assuming you are not using any USB hub to connect the cable. ... Uninstall ActiveSync 4.x. ... Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices ... If its an HPC, then recommend you use an older version of ActiveSync. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)