Re: [Debian 6] Unable to install Debian 6.0.1 - no supporting mirrors found
- From: Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 19:04:36 +1000
On 10/06/11 15:37, Bret Busby wrote:
I have been trying to install Debian 6.0.1 amd64 version, with a
firmware netinst iso (from
), and, at the package manager setup stage, every mirror that I have
tried within Australia, and a couple in the USA, return the error
"mirror does not support version (squeeze)".
Thank you in anticipation.
"So once you do know what the question actually is,
you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
A Trilogy In Four Parts",
written by Douglas Adams,
published by Pan Books, 1992
I can confirm that my local optus, netspeed, transact mirrors, and the
monash uni mirror are all up (amd64). I suspect the installer might be
asking for something weird.. did you choose http or ftp?
If you still have access to the install at that point:-
When you open a vt (F3) what is the installer asking the repositories
for? (from memory F7 will take you back to the installation screen).
Tuttle? His name's Buttle.
There must be some mistake.
We don't make mistakes.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: how to get to runlevel 3
- Next by Date: Re: how to get to runlevel 3
- Previous by thread: [Debian 6] Unable to install Debian 6.0.1 - no supporting mirrors found
- Next by thread: Re: [Debian 6] Unable to install Debian 6.0.1 - no supporting mirrors found