Re: Which sound card for my server rack?

On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 11:03 +0000, alex.padoly wrote:
Hi,

My server have several PCI 64 bits slots, I can put my PCI video
card (ATI RADEON PCI) but I can't put my soundblaster PCI 128, I can
put it a sounBlaster Live PCI
but this card doesn't work with Linux!

Which sound card I can put in my server rack and it works with Linux.
I need sound when I use a application sometimes.
Thanks you!

Regards.

Alex

So you don't need a card that enables real-time duplex (recording and
playing at the same time), by giving you professional audio quality?
You aren't using jackd?

You're looking for a sound card that is able to play sound for e.g.
youtube? Is some kind of surround format needed etc.?

I don't have knowledge about the kind of card you need, but I recommend
to take a look at

"Is my soundcard supported?
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Main "

If you found a sound card that fit to your needs, please asked again, if
there are still issues known.

E.g. when you get an Envy24 based sound card and you're using
PulseAudio, it won't work OOTB for some distros. You have to add two
lines to a configuration file.

Regards,

Ralf

  • Re: P5/Celeron comments?
    ... type of video capture card require. ... That restriction is caused by the mix of PCI Express and PCI ... which means a PCI bus card may get the "short straw". ... and you only get time slices from each camera. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • CRASH: SATA + 8139 + Via Rhine = STOP
    ... On the other side I have an 8139 based card. ... a Silicon Image Serial-ATA card on the PCI bus. ... raid5 personality registered as nr 4 ... md: Autodetecting RAID arrays. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Help me choose S775 board please
    ... as these will just default to lower speed and take my USB3 card without and issues, sorry if I've not made myself 100%. ... Look for a P45 based board, with at least two PCI Express ... if it is included on the motherboard. ... standard, each lane was 250MB/sec, so 8 lanes of wiring can ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • [RFC / git patch] Move pci_find_* under CONFIG_PCI_LEGACY
    ... converting ancient drivers to PCI hotplug API, ... config HISAX_TELESPCI ... bool "NETspider U card" ... +#ifdef CONFIG_PCI_LEGACY ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Help: searching a video server that meets my requirements
    ... For basic composite capture, ... be BT878 chips. ... is a PCI to PCI bridge chip, so there aren't four loads and ... The above card will saturate a PCI bus, ...
    (rec.video.desktop)