Re: How to get Bell Canada 3G USB network up?

I've now downloaded the source of the modemmanager package, both
stable and testing; it doesn't really explain anything either:

The only references to $CNTI are in plugins/mm-modem-novatel-gsm.c
(there are references to *CNTI in replugins/mm-modem-sierra-gsm.c),
and it's this code that emits the $CNTI=0:

static void
get_access_technology (MMGenericGsm *modem,
MMModemUIntFn callback,
gpointer user_data)
{
MMAtSerialPort *port;
MMCallbackInfo *info;

info = mm_callback_info_uint_new (MM_MODEM (modem), callback, user_data);

port = mm_generic_gsm_get_best_at_port (modem, &info->error);
if (!port) {
mm_callback_info_schedule (info);
return;
}

mm_at_serial_port_queue_command (port, "$CNTI=0", 3,
get_act_request_done, info);
}

I wanted to experiment with removing that command, but first I
installed the unmodified version from testing (recompiled for
Squeeze). Now in the last couple attempts the modem hasn't crashed
anymore, I don't know yet whether that's just because I'm lucky or the
newer version fixes the issue, I'll tell after more testing (different
time of day etc.). (FWIW, I've put up the logs of two successful
connection attempts at
http://christianjaeger.ch/scratch/bell_novatel/mm_testing/ .)

Christian.

  • Re: mgetty ppp stallion problem
    ... # Modem init function ... UE> every now and then when the caller hangs up the ppp session stays active so ... UE> the serail port is unusable. ... UE> To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: RS232-to-USB adapter with dial-up modem
    ... It works fine when connected through a RS-232 port. ... I'd like to use the modem with another PC that doesn't have ... The vendor advertised that it was compatible with Linux and indeed it is. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: which command can be used to show IP address
    ... dns services, who will effectively map your address to a static ... Will that get past the modem to my box, ... You will need to configure this to allow incoming connect to port 80 and maybe port 443. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: RS232-to-USB adapter with dial-up modem
    ... works fine when connected through a RS-232 port. ... modem with another PC that doesn't have a RS-232 port, so I bought a ... when I connect the modem through a USB port I can't get the modem ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: unexpected trafic
    ... > My freebsd5.1 emits some trafic: ... Does sockstat show which process is using port 52075? ... To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-hackers)