Re: installing .debs from hdd

On Sun 12 Jun 2011 at 13:27:49 -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:

That did the trick. Thanks. BTW, where in the docs does it mention this
situation and point to dpkg? I would love to know where I missed it.

Debian Reference. Section 2.4.1.

  • Re: Package Maintainence
    ... I was running mysql 5.something and ... > sources I am on my own and can get in trouble. ... > with a subject of "unsubscribe". ... I hear there is a way to build a package from source and then install it with dpkg. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: iceape puzzle
    ... There's another process doing things with dpkg at the time this loop happens. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: xserver-xorg fatal configuration
    ... other way to give root access to your X session, ... And thereafter try to reinstall xserver-xorg ... with dpkg -i (the errors you got in the first place from that command ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • FW: changing roots on: dpkg -i
    ... >> build my own package? ... plus the ~official Debian ... > hard problem that's not real high on the dpkg feature list. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • SOLVED was: Re: eth0 "disabled" after upgrade Squeeze to Wheezy
    ... What does dpkg think about it: ... Showed that ifupdown - and a whole lot of other packages - was not ... both and now I have netwrok connectivity. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)