Re: How can I install mozilla firefox opn Debian6 Squeeze

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 23:07, Lisi <lisi.reisz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 14 June 2011 14:54:39 Md. Rafiqur Rahman wrote:
Dear all,

I'm very much new on Linux specially on Debian Linux. I know that icewaesel
build upon firefox but i don't like it to use. I want to use mozilla
firefox on debian6 Squeeze. Do you know how to install it. I've allready
download mozilla firefox and untar it. there is a script firefox on the
directory. By double clicking firefox run from my home directory. But not
installed. can you help me, please?

It runs, but it is not installed??  Could you explain what you mean by this.
What does it not do that you would wish it to do?  I would have thought that
if it runs, you have what you wanted??

If it's a binary tarball, which it sounds like it is, then the process
of untarring it is enough to install it to the home directory.

For installing system-wide I'd probably prefer a package, e.g. from
mozilla.debian.net.