Re: How can I install mozilla firefox opn Debian6 Squeeze

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 23:07, Lisi <lisi.reisz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 14 June 2011 14:54:39 Md. Rafiqur Rahman wrote:
Dear all,

I'm very much new on Linux specially on Debian Linux. I know that icewaesel
build upon firefox but i don't like it to use. I want to use mozilla
firefox on debian6 Squeeze. Do you know how to install it. I've allready
download mozilla firefox and untar it. there is a script firefox on the
directory. By double clicking firefox run from my home directory. But not
installed. can you help me, please?

It runs, but it is not installed??  Could you explain what you mean by this.
What does it not do that you would wish it to do?  I would have thought that
if it runs, you have what you wanted??

If it's a binary tarball, which it sounds like it is, then the process
of untarring it is enough to install it to the home directory.

For installing system-wide I'd probably prefer a package, e.g. from
mozilla.debian.net.

  • Re: html changes not showing
    ... Tried to install firefox, can't seem to get to go. ... When I came back most of the images had loaded but not all. ... Also don't forget to run the design checker tool. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Fedora 4: How to upgrade Firefox?
    ... "Life's too short for Linux - revert back to Windows!" ... your home directory. ... New Firefox. ... can have your own /hom/$USER/bin directory and install whatever you want ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Firefox 4 reversed Open in a new window, and Open in a new tab
    ... If I was using Firefox 3 on my current computer, ... download and install Firefox 4 on top of it, ... For example, if I look for sqlite (a database type), I find the program ... The many .sqlite files are databases. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • IE is allowing virii/trojans/spyware etc. to install without help
    ... popups on the screen, and one looked like a normal ... window, as it didn't look quite right. ... Firefox desktop icon, ... the entire Firefox folder and install was gone. ...
  • Re: Getting close here folks! Looking good.
    ... On Wednesday 15 November 2006 20:27, Ric Moore wrote: ... bookmarks and stored passwords (for firefox) from my old FC2 ... install over so the current firefox can use them. ... It's probably safer to just copy your bookmarks and cookies folder ...
    (Fedora)