Re: debian-user-digest

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 08:51 +0800, Jimmy Wu wrote:
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 01:48, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If I wish to get a reader's digest for a while and not tons of emails,
then I need to unsubscribe?

Are all threads included to a reader's digest?

There seems to be a debian-user-digest that you can subscribe to here:

If you don't want another subscription maybe you could try one of the
RSS feeds from gmane:
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user

Another possibility is to get digests from Google groups if you use
that service.

Yes, but I wish to be subscribed to the list, so that if I reply to a
digest and somebody will reply to the list + me, there's no need to take
care to cc me. I only will receive the digest and no other mails.

For those list using the classic GNU mailman it's possible to enable
this, but for this list ...
" debian-user
Support for Debian users who speak English. (High-volume mailing
list.)
Moderated: No Subscription: open
debian-user-digest is a read-only, digestified version." ... *?*

IIUC the only solution seems to be to keep subscribed to the list,
filter all mails to the wastebasket, excepted of the digest. The
disadvantage would be, that if I don't retrieve my mails often enough
and delete them from the server, there'll be the risk that one day
regarding to congestion, the server will reply to all mailing lists I'm
subscribed, that no mails can be delivered to me, because the mailbox
has no free space. Quasi an "Do not send automated "out-of-office" or
"vacation" messages."-Effect.

Regards,

Ralf

  • Re: READ ME: When replying to users digest...
    ... | switched from a digest to regular emails. ... lists out of necessity). ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: READ ME: When replying to users digest...
    ... | switched from a digest to regular emails. ... lists out of necessity). ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: READ ME: When replying to users digest...
    ... | | switched from a digest to regular emails. ... | lists out of necessity). ... I think my point here is that with a decent threading mail reader it ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: READ ME: When replying to users digest...
    ... | switched from a digest to regular emails. ... lists out of necessity). ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: debian-user-digest
    ... Are all threads included to a reader's digest? ... There seems to be a debian-user-digest that you can subscribe to here: ... If you don't want another subscription maybe you could try one of the ... then you can unsubscribe from the other. ...
    (Debian-User)