Re: location dhcpd.conf

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 16:41:07 +0200, Bonno Bloksma wrote:

I have just upgraded my first Lenny system to Squeeze and noted that
maybe the location of my dhcpd.conf file has been changed once more. Is
that right?

I'd say yes.

In Etch it was in /etc/dhcp/ then in Lenny it was in /etc/dhcp3/ and now
it seems to be once more in /etc/dhcp/ if I read the
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/i386/isc-dhcp-server/filelist page
correctly.

Are there any more surprises like that and how do I find them after a
version upgrade?

Most of the surprises (at least the bigger ones) can be discovered by
reading the Release Notes:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/index.en.html

Am I supposed to read every package page to find differences like this?
It is not even mentioned at the page I reference above, I just noted
that I had two dhcpd.conf files and that the date on the conf files was
different from what I expected en then went looking for more
information.

The rest of the surprises could be found in their corresponding doc
packages and/or list of changes file.

IIRC, there was a transition from "dhcp3-client" (package available for
lenny) to "isc-dhcp-client" (in squeeze) so the mess could had been
generated because of that.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón