Re: location dhcpd.conf

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 16:41:07 +0200, Bonno Bloksma wrote:

I have just upgraded my first Lenny system to Squeeze and noted that
maybe the location of my dhcpd.conf file has been changed once more. Is
that right?

I'd say yes.

In Etch it was in /etc/dhcp/ then in Lenny it was in /etc/dhcp3/ and now
it seems to be once more in /etc/dhcp/ if I read the page

Are there any more surprises like that and how do I find them after a
version upgrade?

Most of the surprises (at least the bigger ones) can be discovered by
reading the Release Notes:

Am I supposed to read every package page to find differences like this?
It is not even mentioned at the page I reference above, I just noted
that I had two dhcpd.conf files and that the date on the conf files was
different from what I expected en then went looking for more

The rest of the surprises could be found in their corresponding doc
packages and/or list of changes file.

IIRC, there was a transition from "dhcp3-client" (package available for
lenny) to "isc-dhcp-client" (in squeeze) so the mess could had been
generated because of that.

  • Re: reinstall package
    ... is used by other packages. ... paying no attention that 30 other packages ... Surprises like that no one needs. ...
  • Re: I have an Openoffice question for small business.
    ... I used it some times ago but can not remember the exact syntax, but you should be able to quickly find some samples on debian's forums. ... Search for apt-pinning (the name of the technique iirc) and you should find nice examples in debian's forums. ... This technique is more often used to only use some packages from testing/unstable/experimental on stable, but you should be able to adapt it for your needs easily: simply give very low priorities to the packages you want. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
  • Re: etch --> testing
    ... | matter is there any information about when a lenny freeze might happen? ... packages, desktop effects, etc. ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
  • Re: 3d acceleartion
    ... there is absolutely no 3d acceleration. ... Either install the debian packages for xfree from (check the ... you could build it and get 3d support. ... > with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
  • Running testing? -- read this.