Almost everyday a new issue: this time Amarok

Hey list

Today a new issue reared its ugly head. I installed, using safe-update from the Update Manager in GNOME, on a wheezy installation, Amarok .

When I go to run Amarok, it crashes. This is the output:
$ amarok(24118)/libplasma Plasma::FrameSvg::resizeFrame: Invalid size QSizeF(0, 0)
amarok(24118)/libplasma Plasma::FrameSvg::resizeFrame: Invalid size QSizeF(0, 0)
amarok(24118)/libplasma Plasma::FrameSvg::resizeFrame: Invalid size QSizeF(0, 0)
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/Playlist::Dock) Negative sizes (0,-1) are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/Playlist::Dock) Negative sizes (139,-1) are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/Playlist::Dock) Negative sizes (139,-1) are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/Playlist::Dock) Negative sizes (139,-1) are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/Playlist::Dock) Negative sizes (139,-1) are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/Playlist::Dock) Negative sizes (323,-1) are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Context dock/ContextDock) Negative sizes (0,-1) are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/Playlist::Dock) Negative sizes (323,-1) are not possible
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 43 and type 'Read', disabling...
KCrash: Application 'amarok' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
sock_file=/home/AG/.kde/socket-valhalla/kdeinit4__0

What on earth is going on here? Applications don't install correctly, or they crash when opened? Although I am able to use my system productively, it is so &%$&ing infuriating when almost everyday a new problem occurs on this new installation of Debian.

I am a long time user and advocate of Debian, but this has got to be the buggiest installation of Debian since when I first started using it, back when Lenny was the testing candidate.

What have I done wrong on this, why would an ordinary safe-update of Amarok crash?

Yet another issue, and I really don't know what the heck to do about this ... any ideas?

Thanks
AG

  • Re: Sound after upgrade to 11.1
    ... playback in both Amarok and Kaffeine are both ... here the trick for stable sound in amarok on openSUSE 11.1 ... having a working 11.0 installation is there any ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Almost everyday a new issue: this time Amarok
    ... safe-update from the Update Manager in GNOME, on a wheezy ... installation, Amarok. ... When I go to run Amarok, ... Banshee is the official Gnome music suite. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] Amarok with MP3 on OpenSuse 10.3
    ... I still can see amarok "plays" the ... mp3 file, "the clock" is ticking... ... installation instructions. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Almost everyday a new issue: this time Amarok
    ... from the Update Manager in GNOME, on a wheezy installation, Amarok. ... When I go to run Amarok, it crashes. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: documentation for novice and newbies
    ... installer, its manual, their computer, and later their new installation. ... something like "For Novices and Newbies to Debian". ... Under this we could have individual wiki entries that we could work on. ... documentation for linux in general can be confusing when trying ...
    (Debian-User)