monitor detection maybe not working

Hi,

I'm running sid.

My monitor stopped going to the correct resolution some upgrades ago. I have an

nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX - nForce GPU] (rev a3).

I'm researching many things from this list etc. to attempt to solve the problem but one concern is that I don't think my monitor is being detected correctly. ddcprobe seems to give the correct info but I don't think this info is being used.

TIA for any comments on this part of my display problem.

Paul Scott

  • Re: new list user
    ... I edited xorg.conf, and changed the device to the name of my video card, which ... it doesnt work, I know I have to change the screen too, but Im not sure where ... to get the correct info to put here. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: new list user
    ... I edited xorg.conf, and changed the device to the name of my video card, which ... it doesnt work, I know I have to change the screen too, but Im not sure where ... to get the correct info to put here. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • new list user
    ... I edited xorg.conf, and changed the device to the name of my video card, which ... it doesnt work, I know I have to change the screen too, but Im not sure where ... to get the correct info to put here. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: wide screen problem
    ... But debian 4.0 test edition hasn't resolved the display problem. ... can correctly detected the adapter type(like Intel G946, ... which uses ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 as the graphics card. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)