Re: Stranded between lenny and squeeze

On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 13:13:22 +0200, Claudius Hubig wrote:

Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 01:47:38 +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:

(...)

Or is there some devious trick I'm missing? Will an ssh connection
from another machine survive the upgrade process, for example?

Yes, I would try that way.

Given your current situation I'd say a SSH session would be more than
convenient. The system is already installed and an upgrade should not
broke the network service.

Please note that he runs GDM, therefor probably a Gnome session and
these are likely to have Network Manager :)

(...)

I run GDM and NM is off :-)

But I take your point: if NM is not even capable of surviving from a
remote ssh session then here you have a very good reason to disable it
ASAP.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón