NetworkManager (was: Re: Stranded between lenny and squeeze)
- From: Claudius Hubig <nfs_2011@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 14:01:18 +0200
Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I run GDM and NM is off :-)
Let’s just say that GDM is a good indicator of someone also using NM.
But I take your point: if NM is not even capable of surviving from a
remote ssh session then here you have a very good reason to disable it
It ‘simply’ drops all network connections, though I have to admit I
don’t know wether they are automatically re-established. I also have
to admit that I actually use NM because it is the most convenient way
to connect to various Wifi networks (university, home, friends etc…),
mobile 3G networks, Ethernet networks and run scripts accordingly
Of course, this would also work with guessnet and a bunchload of
other, smaller, and less error-prone tools, but the resulting script
hell created by me would definitely be more damageable.
You can't carve your way to success without cutting remarks.
Please use GPG: ECB0C2C7 4A4C4046 446ADF86 C08112E5 D72CDBA4
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Stranded between lenny and squeeze
- Next by Date: Re: NetworkManager (was: Re: Stranded between lenny and squeeze)
- Previous by thread: Re: Stranded between lenny and squeeze
- Next by thread: Re: NetworkManager (was: Re: Stranded between lenny and squeeze)