Restarting network

Having made some config changes to my network, I did:

root@tony-lx:/home/tony# /etc/init.d/networking restart

That results in:

Running /etc/init.d/networking restart is deprecated because it may not enable again some interfaces ... (warning).
Reconfiguring network interfaces...

OK, so it's deprecated. What should I use instead??

--
Tony van der Hoff | mailto:tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Buckinghamshire, England |

  • Re: Problem with Network Manager
    ... I click on it it only shows wired network, and this is only if I start ... You need to comment out all interfaces in that file except for the "lo" ... Probably because your interfaces file is confusing Network Manager, ... Shouldn't have to restart nm-applet (I use knetworkmanager which certainly ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [opensuse] openSuse 12.1 - observations upon gnome3 and systemd
    ... systemd and loss of network: After upgrading, ... Doing a manual restart of the network ... "redirecting to systemd" and still no network. ... interfaces with ifup, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Whats the most effective way to restart net && children?
    ... Doing it that way will do ALL interfaces, ... Do you have any reason to think the short leases time will somehow lead ... shutdown all the services that depend in network, and then use serviceto restart ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: /etc/init.d/networking restart does not change IP address. I have to reboot. Help.
    ... /etc/init.d/networking restart does not really change my IP. ... # The primary network interface ... Then I edit only the 'address' line of 'iface eth0 inet static' to: ... network interfaces for you, it will ignore that stanza with the static ...
    (Debian-User)
  • network restart
    ... I just got a new Siemens modem for the Telus high speed enhanced ... No problem, just restart the network, right? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)