Re: Youtube flash not working

On 07/07/11 16:27, Frank McCormick wrote:
On 07/07/11 11:07 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 21:51:36 -0400, Randy Kramer wrote:

On Wednesday 06 July 2011 09:17:52 pm Frank McCormick wrote:
On 06/07/11 09:05 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:
Is anyone else heen experiencing Flash problems on Youtube? It
affects both Chrome and Firefox - but they seem to be able to play
Flash videos on other sites.

Answering my own question again :)
The key is to make HTTP into HTTPS for some bizarre reason that
only Google knows. HTTP works for some users..for those who just get
the black box, add the 's'...

Weird! I've had the same problem, and the same workaround works for me
(using https instead of http). So, thanks!

But, what makes you associate the problem with google? I have the
problem with youtube URLs, like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ud_wGMXRnQ

That URI works for me, both "https://"; and "http://"; (using Firefox 5 and
lenny). Maybe you are facing some sort of browser cache problem?

Could be...and seemingly not a Google problem.
I am running Sid, updated. This morning I tried https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ud_wGMXRnQ (the url
above)
and it loads and plays. When I dropped the 's', I get the black screen of death both on Firefox 5.0
and Google-chrome. This has only started lately, and the same URL's both work in Ubuntu Maverick and
Natty with both Chrome and Firefox 5.0. Seems to be it's a Sid problem, unless we hear from other
Sid users who don't have the problem.

I've been experiencing the same problem on Wheezy since (and this *might* just be a coincidence) the latest upgrade to Iceweasel 3.5.19-3 on Tuesday.

However, having just tested it on a machine that I haven't upgraded yet (still running 3.5.19-2), I can confirm that it has the same problem, so that rules out the update as the cause.

Hope this helps a little.

Dom

  • Re: Help with the mystifying OBJECT element
    ... What I have now works in Firefox, Chrome, and Opera on linux; ... Chrome and Safari on MacOS; Safari on iOS; and Firefox, Chrome, Safari ... It refuses to play any of it. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)
  • Re: Youtube flash not working
    ... affects both Chrome and Firefox - but they seem to be able to play ... HTTP works for some users..for those who just get ... Natty with both Chrome and Firefox 5.0. ... It is beginning to look like an Adobe-flash problem - I run Firefox 5.0 as well as Chrome and both show the problem... ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Default browser problem -
    ... Find and edit the stanzas referencing firefox. ... The should be for http, ... statement has some truth to it), I removed Chrome altogether from my ... Thunderbird, clicking on links in it does nothing at all--FireFox is not ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Flash video not playing always in Ubuntu 9.10 x64
    ... Flash video doesn't play always under Firefox. ... Also it plays OK when under Google Chrome. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Youtube flash not working
    ... affects both Chrome and Firefox - but they seem to be able to play ... HTTP works for some users..for those who just get ... I get the black screen of death both on Firefox 5.0 and Google-chrome. ... and the same URL's both work in Ubuntu Maverick and Natty with both Chrome and Firefox 5.0. ...
    (Debian-User)