Re: Does IPv6 preclude use of a NAT gateway?

On Jul 10, 2011 11:36 AM, "Teemu Likonen" <tlikonen@xxxxxx> wrote:

* 2011-07-10T10:48:46-03:00 * Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011, Randy Kramer wrote:
It's probably not the best thing, but I depend on the NAT gateway for
a lot of my security--with IPv6, will I still be able to do that?

Please use a proper firewall, instead. A general blocade on incoming
connections is _VERY_ crappy protection.

Thanks for the info. Could you summarize briefly what a "proper
firewall" does?

A firewall drops everything. Then you put holes in it.