Re: Does IPv6 preclude use of a NAT gateway?
- From: shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 11:45:53 -0400
On Jul 10, 2011 11:36 AM, "Teemu Likonen" <tlikonen@xxxxxx> wrote:
* 2011-07-10T10:48:46-03:00 * Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jul 2011, Randy Kramer wrote:
It's probably not the best thing, but I depend on the NAT gateway for
a lot of my security--with IPv6, will I still be able to do that?
Please use a proper firewall, instead. A general blocade on incoming
connections is _VERY_ crappy protection.
Thanks for the info. Could you summarize briefly what a "proper
A firewall drops everything. Then you put holes in it.
- Prev by Date: Re: Does IPv6 preclude use of a NAT gateway?
- Next by Date: Can not startx anymore after the laptop was forced to turn off
- Previous by thread: Re: Does IPv6 preclude use of a NAT gateway?
- Next by thread: Re: Does IPv6 preclude use of a NAT gateway?