Re: NumLock in console

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 23:51:11 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

I want to have NumLock turned on in console automatically that is on
start up.

On the web I have found such a solution:

for tty in /dev/tty[1-6]; do
/usr/bin/setleds -D +num < $tty
done

But I look for a setting, may in

/etc/default/keyboard

to reach my goal instead of performing the above cycle every time the OS
boots.

Do You have any idea how to do that?

Not sure if this will work, but "console-tools" package includes the
ability to turn on the NumLock led, or at least there is a variable that
seems to do it so:

sm01@stt008:/etc/console-tools$ grep -i num /etc/console-tools/config
# Turn on numlock by default
#LEDS=+num

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: Keeping more up to date than Lenny, safely?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: apt pinning confusion
    ... Pin: release o=Debian, a=experimental ... subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ... downgrade of the package ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: phpmyadmin
    ... I just don't really understand what is going on as the same server will serve up other php pages, but phpmyadmin seems only able to serve html pages. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Hosting advice
    ... but I'm not a big fan of GoDaddy. ... offers a Linux OS, preferably Debian, and PostgreSQL or MySQL, again ... May I trouble you good people for suggestions that meet these needs? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: _some_ DVDs wont play
    ... the DVD makes xine crash. ... No trouble playing almost all other DVDs. ... A borrowed set of LOTR discs will play on all machines. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)