Re: 32bit vs 64bit

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Brad Alexander <storm16@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Debian-user List <debian-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 32bit vs 64bit
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 16:57:26 -0400

means I would be without the machine for the duration of the build

No time to read all replies, perhaps somebody else already mentioned it
or there might be a better solution for your needs.

I recommend to additionally install a 64-bit Debian and if everything is
ok for the new install delete the 32-bit Debian and resize the
partitions. OTOH why not having/keeping two installs? LightScribe etc.?

I've got 4 OS (all Linux) installed.

  • unsubscribe
    ... > newsgroup for Debian ... > forward to install to your hard drive. ... > to install the Cygwin stuff on all my Windows boxes. ... like in an SSH client like PuTTY ?? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2014 #1074
    ... checking the full error correction data. ... the devs and the users in debian is entirely inappropriate, ... Some packages could not be installed. ... I have just tried to install vlc on this laptop. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Installing an Alternative Init?
    ... Allowing the user to choose this at install time from the interface is ... It makes Debian seem partial to Red ... I meant that one vendor seeks to control the Linux ecosystem. ... You can still use the software after you stop paying for it in commercial distribution, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: mouse
    ... I will give it a whirl ASAP. ... Is icew part of the debian install or is it from off the web? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Grub ... updating kernels
    ... I've been making and breaking 4 or 5 different Debian ... reinstalled one on an EXTERNAL hard drive for the first time. ... entirety of my setup at the moment of that particular install. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)