Re: debian sensible browser help

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 02:05:18PM +0000, Steve Kleene wrote:
On 2011-07-25 02:24:59 GMT, Paul E Condon wrote:

How do I make debian offer google-chrome to gnome? I have
checked all the places I know of. Where is sensible browser
defined?

You might check in /etc/mailcap for lines that begin with "text/html". I
prefer to have iceweasel called instead of sensible-browser, so I move the
line with sensible-browser to the end of mailcap. I often have to repeat
this procedure after an upgrade. If your mailcap has a text/html line for
google-chrome, you might move that above other text/html lines.

I believe ~/.mailcap overrides /etc/mailcap, so rather than editing
/etc/mailcap and having to keep it up-to-date, you might find it easier
to simply copy the line to ~/.mailcap.

--
Paul Saunders