Re: restoring MBR

2011/7/30 Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@xxxxxxxxxx>:
On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 07:34:44 -0400 (EDT), Baurzhan Ismagulov wrote:

That's a pity. IIRC, lilo used to save that under /boot.

It still does.  And lilo is still available.  And I still use it.
Unfortunately, it's too late for the OP in this case.

--
 .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :

Maybe, there is another way:
- at the machine: c:\ fdisk /mbr as it has been said before.
- you could look for GAG in a floppy, then boot from it.
- you can boot from Debian netinstall cd rescue, then marking the usb
hd, and install lilo at the usb hd mbr; and reboot.

  • LILO on a USB stick
    ... I have a minimalistic Linux distribution on a USB stick. ... # Start LILO global section ... # use a boot message with the standard menu: ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • lilo hangs at "Resolve invalid VolumeIDs" ?!
    ... Having a few hassles with lilo 22.5.8 - I first noticed the problem after building a new kernel. ... Was just about ready to boot it, ran lilo to complete off the upgrade and it just hangs there. ... # Specifies the device that should be mounted as root. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • lilo hangs at "Resolve invalid VolumeIDs" ?!
    ... Having a few hassles with lilo 22.5.8 - I first noticed the problem after building a new kernel. ... Was just about ready to boot it, ran lilo to complete off the upgrade and it just hangs there. ... # Specifies the device that should be mounted as root. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: getting LILO to boot windows
    ... >> people with experience getting LILO or Grub to work may be able to help me. ... >> I need to get my windows installation working to flash my dvd drive. ... > Can you boot your Linux now, even after executing fdisk /mbr et ell? ... # Specifies the device that should be mounted as root. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Lilo: fatal: raid_setup: stat("/dev/hda")
    ... After latest upgrade installation of lilo fails. ... # Kernel image management overrides ... # Specifies the boot device. ...
    (Debian-User)