Debian Xorg server release version confusion

Hello,

As per the Xorg website [1], the latest stable release is 7.6 which
happened on 20 December 2010 and the next stable release will be 7.7
[2] somewhere in 2011 (which is not out yet).

So my question is how come Debian Squeeze (stable) has Xorg server
(xserver-xorg-core) 7.7 [3] already if the 7.7 is still under
development. However, if you see xserver-xorg [4], it says 7.5.

Can somebody care to explain what is happening here?

[1] http://www.x.org/wiki/Releases/7.6
[2] http://www.x.org/wiki/Releases/7.7
[3] http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/xserver-xorg-core
[4] http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/xserver-xorg

  • Re: [OT] gob.mx = IE6 only!
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: whats your favourite FLOSS?
    ... Sorry but here's where I unsubscribe for a couple of months while the ... Think anyone would, a) care?, b) not think you were insane? ... That's pretty much the equivalent of what most "I'm leaving the list" ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Running testing? -- read this.
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: whats your favourite FLOSS?