Re: cups on wheezy problem

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 13:00:17 -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

On 08/08/2011 11:19 AM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

udevd[17007]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/mtp-probe' 'mtp-probe
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:12.0/usb3/3-1 3 3': No such file or
directory

udevd errors exist in wheezy and sid but the only related errors on
Google are from 2004. These errors showed up here when /run was
introduced IIRC.

Has anyone solved this or know of a fix?

Do you think Cups is failing because of that? :-?

That meaning cups or udev?

If udev/udevd can't identify the that the printer is there, yes I think
that cups has no way to print so is not at fault.

I will re-do the question... Do you think the above error has something
to do with udev/kernel not detecting the printer?

"mtp-probe" sounds to me like another thing (used on/for USB media
players):

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libmtp8

Do you think the printer is being wrongly detected as a mass-storage USB
device?

What's the full (I mean, the relevant part for USB stack) dmesg output
when you connect the printer? What about "lsusb"? Do other USB devices
work?

The "no file found error" persists after installing the libmtp-runtime
package.

Odd thing is that a few weeks ago there way an upgrade the fixed the
problem and 2 days later a safe-upgrade downgraded to the old (not
working) version.

Then wait for the next set of updates :-P

Greetings,

--
Camaleón