Re: Squeeze rotating cursor blinks

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 19:19:05 +0200, Tomas Kral wrote:

Just noticed an interesting fact about cursor on Squeeze.

The rotating cursor, showing when an app is busy, is actually blinking
at intervals.

It also blinks (appears/disappears) sometimes/randomly for me (wheezy)...
maybe this is something related with the VGA driver in use, in my case,
intel.

This does not show with Lenny, where it is steady rotating, this happens
only with Squeeze.

I remember there used to be a parameter during install whereby I could
give desktop applications extra performance boost over background tasks.

I'm not aware of such parameter during install :-?

Not sure if this could be the reason for the cursor blinking.

There are some options you can tweak to control the behaviour of the
jumping/bouncing icon when clicking over icons to run applications but I
don't think this is going to have any effect over the "blinking" issue...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: Blinking wlan led after upgrading to 3.2.2-1 x64 fc16 kernel
    ... led started blinking. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • [OT] blink tag effect with animation
    ... acceptabel by web standards; I understand that the blink that is not a ... how can I complish the blinking effect on a Linux ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: IP on RedHat 7.2
    ... But my NIC is attached with system and its light is blinking, ... > U said it didnt asked any IP config during installtion, ... unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
    (RedHat)