Re: how to change root passwd (if forgotten)

On Wednesday 10 August 2011 17:53:26 Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
if i'm not mistaken you can just go to single user mode on centos by
appending "1" or "single" (without quotes) on boot parameter, no need for
any live cd

Not with debian, but lots of trail if you google it.
Thierry

  • Re: Adobe Flash in Chromium out of date: stable debian REPOST OF SOLVED!
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Need scancode for mouse buttons
    ... Google finds no single reference for that device. ... tried to google a picture of the mouse, I see no info on Teac mice even ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [OT] how to take care of hand
    ... You could also Google for carpal-tunnel ... Very boring exercises, BTW. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Fun with DVD-RAM
    ... My remark was just in passing that a log-structured filesystem would seem to be perfect for your needs. ... You should also investigate (try google) the filesystems that are being developed for use with flash-RAM, which shares many of the distinctive characteristics of DVD-RAM. ... This is an active area of development these days (powered by the dropping cost of flash RAM and the possibility of using it for low-power and very fast system residency devices for embedded systems), so it should be a fertile ground for google searches. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: New Descendants of Edward I
    ... It works in Google ... Firefox, even though some members of this group have reported ... John Blythe Dobson ... To unsubscribe from the list, ...
    (soc.genealogy.medieval)