Re: cups on wheezy problem

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 11:36:04 -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

On 08/10/2011 02:09 PM, Wayne Topa wrote:

This thread has taught me something. I should not have depended on
apt-listbugs!

http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/debian/all.html shows that
Total number of release-critical bugs: 1229 in wheezy and one of which
is

Package: cups (debian/main).
Maintainer: Debian CUPS Maintainers
<pkg-cups-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
635842 [ ] [T] lpd backend crashes, cups unusable

At first sight I wouldn't seen a common point with this bug and yours
(logs differ or maybe we have been looking into the wrong place) but
upagrading cups will tell if this is what is hitting you :-?

I would not have wasted the lists time/bandwidth with this thread if I
had known that apt-listbugs was not reporting 'unusable' packages.

That's why I pointed you a link listing of all of the CUPS bugs >:-)

The bug is known upstream and is being looked into.

Thanks Camaleon, old dogs can learn new tricks.

You're welcome. Hope the fixed package reaches wheezy very soon.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: mariaDB in Debian
    ... There currently are two merged Intent to Package bugs #565308 and ... The MariaDB project already has debian packages. ... Too late already (wheezy is frozen), ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Want to work with a Linux Group
    ... reporting bugs there are basically two things Debian developers do, ... The first step is to decide on which package you want to work. ... Request for adoption - a new maintainer is needed but the old one ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: "We use the machine to do tedious calculations for us."
    ... software package gets bigger, the ratio of bugs fixed to bugs created ... one reason that adding capability to an existing package isn't always ... I heard a joke about a COBOL programmer who didn't want to ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: "We use the machine to do tedious calculations for us."
    ... capability to an existing package is often the best choice ... the ratio of bugs ... highly dependent on choice of language and on programming style, ... the BZ format descriptor and that whether BZ or BN was the ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: A real package manager in action
    ... streamyour package manager subscribes to. ... kernel stream, 2.4 at the moment) usually package maintainers think long and ... huge bugs you use 'testing'. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)