Re: Unidentified subject! (wireless installation problem)

Clonezilla looks interesting I wasn't aware of that, thanks

I could also get around the problem by planning ahead and copy a fairly complete
set of deb files from the fully configured system to a memory stick. But that
method and clonezilla assume you're reinstalling the same release of debian on
the same hardware.

At one point, I installed the system with only the first CD and accidentally
didn't configure apt to pull anything from the network. I was ticked that I
skipped over it because I wasn't paying attention, so I didn't think to check if
it had all the tools to setup wireless networking. I might try that again later
just see. I blew it away and setup a system using the wired NIC then switched to
wireless later, which didn't require any rigmarole at all. I seem to remember it
being a pain getting the system to automatically use the wireless when I last
did this (a year or so ago, most likely during lenny's reign), but it worked
perfectly this time. I'm messing with the 3D acceleration currently. Once I get
that worked out I'll see if the first CD has enough packages to get the wireless
working.