Re: How do you change file associations in Thunar?

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 10:54:45 -0500, Jason Hsu wrote:

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 10:30:32 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Where are the file associations in the Thunar file manager, and how
do I change them? When I click on a file in the Thunar window
manager, I still get AbiWord for *.doc and *.odt files and Gnumeric
for *.xls files.

(...)

Take a look into this forum thread (specially message #5) and see if
that helps:

I looked at the /usr/share/mime/glob and /usr/share/mime/glob2 files,
and it says at the top that these files should not be edited because
they were generated with the update-mime-database command.

So how do I use the update-mime-database command to make the changes I
need to make?

Hum... true. That scares a bit, I agree :-)

If you want to take the correct path, take a look at GNOME docs for mime
types and how to edit them in the right way:

http://library.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/stable/mimetypes-modifying.html.en

or this one from FreeDesktop:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/AddingMIMETutor

Greetings,